Pastor's Blog - November 3, 2019

Thirty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time

News and Notes:

Masses of Remembrance... This Sunday, November 3 we are celebrating our annual Mass of Remembrance at both parishes: 10AM at St. Maria’s and 11AM at Our Lady’s.  Please join us as we remember in particular those who have died in the past year, and commend their souls to our merciful God. 

Inspiring Hope Campaign: The Public Phase Begins... The public phase of our important Development Campaign Inspiring Hope begins today.  This campaign provides our parishes with an extraordinary opportunity to ensure future generations of Catholics in Lynnfield and surrounding towns will benefit from our careful planning and diligent stewardship---as we have benefitted from the wisdom and fidelity of those who came before us.

With the able assistance of Community Counseling Services, a company that specializes in fundraising for non-profit organizations including churches, we are undertaking an ambitious campaign to raise $1.2 million at OLA and $900,000 at SMG to establish Endowment and Maintenance Funds in both parishes and support Our Lady’s School and Catholic Charities as well.  The parishes will receive 75% of the funds pledged by their parishioners, while OLA School will receive the remaining 25% at OLA and 12.5% of the funds at SMG.  Because of its longstanding charitable support of Catholic Charities, 12.5% of the SMG donations will go there.

When you receive your Inspiring Hope Campaign packet, please read the brochure and prayerfully consider a sacrificial pledge that is manageable for you, and your circumstances and finances.  Pledges can be paid over a five year period. Join me in filling out a pledge form and send it to me at our Office Building, 17 Grove St. Lynnfield.  Thanks for your faithful and generous stewardship of your respective parish and our common mission!

Blessings to all of you in the week ahead!