Pastor's Blog - March 1, 2020

First Sunday of Lent

News and Notes:

This year, both of our parishes are exempt from conducting the annual Catholic Appeal because OLA and SMG are running the Inspiring Hope Campaign to raise Endowment and Maintenance Funds to build a secure financial future for their part in our Collaborative mission.  Thus far, OLA has raised over $820,000 and SMG has raised over $730,000 in pledges that can be paid over a five year period, impressive totals to be sure.  Remember that 75% of every donation will go to your respective parish; while for OLA parishioners, the remaining 25% will go to support OLA School.  As for SMG parishioners, the remaining 25% will be split between OLA School and Catholic Charities.  During this season of Lent, I am asking parishioners that have not yet made a pledge to Inspiring Hope to prayerfully consider making one during this season of sacrificial giving.  You will find pledge cards in the entrances and pews of our churches.  Heartfelt thanks to all parishioners for their generous response thus far to our Inspiring Hope Campaign.

Watch the bulletin and check out our website for upcoming Lenten events in our Collaborative.  Blessings to all of you in the Lenten week ahead!