The virtual Mass is available for viewing all weekend starting at 2:00pm on Saturday.
Watch other daily and Sunday Masses on WatchTheMass.com.
Here are some ideas to enhance your experience for Praying the Mass Remotely.
Virtual Children's Liturgy of the Word
Each week, we offer a virtual Children's Liturgy of the Word that includes prayers, this week’s Gospel reading, music, and a craft activity -- all geared for our younger parishioners. If you've missed any installments from previous weeks, they and their accompanying guides are available on this website's CLOW page. There, you will also find some great family CLOW prayers and activities for the Year of the Eucharist.
For all our video offerings, please visit:
The Archdiocese of Boston has put together this video on the new Mass prodedures: https://vimeo.com/421142581.
We are phasing in our new weekend Mass schedule at St. Maria Goretti and Our Lady of the Assumption Churches. We are currently offering four Masses each weekend:
4PM on Saturday at OLA
7:30AM on Sunday at OLA
9:30AM on Sunday at SMG
11AM on Sunday at OLA
Pre-registration required: Sign up by 12pm on Thursday of each week for the Mass you plan to attend. You may do so by filling out our website's Contact Us form, emailing our Administrative Assistant Janine Sano, or calling our business office at 781-598-4313. Please be sure to note your name, the Mass you plan to attend, the number of people who will be attending with you, and your phone number.
Please be aware of the following:
- Parishioners will enter the buildings via one door at the main entrance, have their temperature checked, and are required to wear masks, follow the foot traffic pattern, and sit in pre-marked locations. Any parishioner who needs to use the accessible ramps and doors should make a note of that when registering.
- The now-familiar 6-foot social distancing standard should be adhered to at all times, even while entering and leaving the church. Only those who reside in the same household should sit together.
- Safety Committee members are present to assist with adherence to guidelines.
- There is limited active Mass participation, i.e. no holding of hands during the Our Father, no communal singing, no offertory procession.
- When receiving Communion, continue to be mindful of social distancing. Wear your mask while approaching the priest or Eucharistic Minister, receive the host in your hand, then step aside, remove the mask to place the host in your mouth, then put your mask back on. Those who do not feel comfortable with receiving the Eucharist at this time, should not feel any pressure to do so.
- As had been in place prior to the closing of our churches, the holy water fonts remain empty, there is no Sign of Peace exchanged, the Precious Blood is not available at Communion, and the Sacred Host can only be received in the hand.
- Parishioners are recommended to bring their own hand sanitizer, but the churches do have some available.
- Restrooms are available and are cleaned after each Mass.
- Churches are cleaned after each Mass.
Cardinal Sean strongly encourages people in vulnerable populations, especially the elderly and those with complicated physical conditions, to continue to watch Mass from their homes, on their parish's social media, or on CatholicTV. Also, if you are feeling sick, are exhibiting any of the following symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell), or have potentially been exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, then you should stay at home and watch Mass on our website or via CatholicTV. Cardinal Sean's dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass during this time continues to be in effect.
Live Daily Mass
We have resumed our normal daily Mass schedule. No pre-registration is required.
OLA - 9am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
SMG - 9am on Tuesdays and Thursdays
In the event that we learn that someone who attended one of our Masses tests positive for COVID-19, we will notify all who were present at that Mass, using the name and contact information you provide either through pre-registration or when you were checked in by one of our Mass greeters. We will also make any announcement of a positive test on this website, so please check the website on a regular basis.